Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Is it BiPolar... or PIEpolar...




Watch above or quickly read below:

Bipolar or PIEpolar?

There are just times when we choose to be in a bad mood, like me. I broke my pelvic bone in 2 places and my back in 1 place – it took my whole summer. And people have the nerve to tell me to cheer up when all I really wanted was to be left alone in my pity party. Sound familiar? Sound normal?

We don’t always need a medical diagnosis to change what feels like depression. In fact, what some may think of as “Bipolar” might really be what I call PIEpolar. Sometimes I’m Pie. Yes, even “Holly’s Habitude” can get crusty, sometimes I’m a bit flaky and fruity and believe it or not, sometimes I can get a bit sour, or even a dry and hard to swallow. But really, it’s my choice. Just like it’s your choice.

Other times we can be cake. We can be firm yet sweet, light, fluffy and in good taste. We can be so similar to cake, that people can’t wait to be with us! And once again, it’s our choice. The only difference really… the ingredients. You only get out what you put in. Hey, isn’t that what the Bible says?! God’s Word tells every single one of us in Corinthians that we can capture our thoughts and hold them captive. We don’t have to let the Pie take over – let’s change the ingredients!

Our attitude is by choice and is what decides if we will be PIEpolar today or cake tomorrow. I found as I was lying on the couch for months, only using a walker to painfully get anywhere, I was solely focusing on my temporary situation and I wasted a whole summer being PIE. It was me who wasted my summer, not my injury. Instead of focusing on my family, my overall health, my blessings and my God, I was focusing on all the ingredients that for the most part made me dry and crumbly.

I find when I’m feeling a bit PIEpolar it’s because I’ve let myself get too far from the Word of God and I start to believe the lies of the world, not the Truth from my Creator.

So when you begin to feel a little PIEpolar, get rid of the nuts and fruits that are your bad thoughts and start from scratch. Write down your blessings, sadly we overlook them if we don’t. If you have a hard time seeing your blessings then maybe you need a friend, coach or mentor to point them out to you. But even without knowing you I know that you can see, you are educated, you have choices, and you have a heavenly Father that cares about you even more than you care for your own kids. Now that’s a cake in the making!

So what will it be, pie… or cake?!

No comments:

Post a Comment